By now, you are fully aware that the COVID-19 coronavirus has come to our communities. Every business owner, including health care offices are taking extra precautions to protect patients and visitors.
Rest assured that we are following extreme steps here at Kent East Chiropractic to include
- Extra cleaning of tables after every patient.
- We’ve placed hand sanitizer throughout our office for patients and visitors to use.
- We’ve added informative information which covers the proper and safe way to cover your cough and sneeze.
- The proper and safe way to wash and sanitize your hands.
- Our office is cleaned three times a day at minimum.
- You’ll also find paper towels outside our door for our patients and visitors to use when touching the door upon entrance.
- We’re hoping to provide sanitizing wipes for this purpose as well, but, as you know, this may not be possible at this time due to availability issues.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
As many of you already know, we have a Kangen water, a continuous flow water ionizer in our office.
In addition to Kangen being one of the healthiest drinking waters in the world, Kangen water is called hypochlorous acid which actually kills 99.9% of all organisms including all viruses, bacteria, molds, and fungus within 30 seconds of contact.
It can also be used to spray in your eyes for conjunctivitis issues or you can gargle with it to knock out a sore throat.
It is used in most all hospitals and clinics in Japan to disinfect and speed wound healing.
The FDA recognizes this water here in the US and companies produce it for $30 for a 16-ounce bottle.
We use this water as a sanitizing solution to clean surfaces in our office.
We would be happy to share this with you upon request.